Scared this year is going to be 2020 version 2? Not at all, because we’re here to help! While you trudge through endless zoom calls and deadlines, we have 10 ways to help you stay productive and motivated throughout the week (and the second COVID wave):
- Get ready for your day! Go through your routine as you normally would if you weren’t working from home. This will also help you feel fresh and ready for the day.
- Have a fixed routine in the morning and evening after work. This will give you something to look forward to and help you feel organized!
- Set up your home office well. Make sure you have your own corner (no distractions; be far away from your TV) with everything you’ll need for the day.
- Exercise! We can’t stress how important this is. Even if you can’t go to the gym, virtual fitness is a great option. Virtual marathons and run trackers, we have it all (wink, wink).
- Catch up with your team-mates. Virtual team activities such as a trivia night helps reduce stress and bond with your co-workers!
- If you don’t live alone, ask your family/roommates to be respectful of your workspace and work hours (and you’ll do the same!).
- Don’t underestimate the power of small breaks. Take 5-10 min breaks every time you feel overwhelmed. Read a few pages of your book or listen to music!
- Always pay attention to your water intake and diet. Make sure you’re drinking enough water and getting all those nutrients! Dehydration and hunger can make you a cranky co-worker.
- Have fixed working hours. You know how they say don’t bring work home with you? That’s obviously not possible here. So have a fixed log-in and log-off time so that you don’t overexert yourself.
- And if nothing works, try the age old solution to every problem: take a walk. Clear your head for about 10 mins, but make sure you’re wearing a mask!